Not sure who you should see or how services are working differently because of Covid 19, go to NHS inform on the link below
Booking an Appointment
Please telephone the surgery on 01387 267626 to organise an appointment.
The majority of our appointments are telephone consultations but most issues can be dealt with efficiently over the telephone, tests and referrals to secondary services organised, care plans discussed and medications prescribed. If a face to face appointment is required then this can be organised too.
Lots of conditions can be dealt with without the need to see a doctor.
The optician can deal with many eye problems, the community pharmacy can deal with many minor conditions, and both are free of charge and on the same day.
In Charlotte Medical Practice we have an extra Nurse Practitioner, who can deal with many of the things a GP can. We have pharmacists, Chris Dunlop & Mandi McCabe, who can deal with many medication-related queries. We have Mental Health Nurses, Lynne Rhodie & Mel Styles can help you with anxiety, stress and low mood. We also have a physiotherapist, Ruth Bell, who can help you with muscular pain, soft tissues injuries etc.
To ensure that you get the help that you need from the right person;
- Think about whether your problem may be dealt with as well or even better, by for example a community pharmacist, or optician
- Help our administration team by providing information about the help you are looking for, they are trying to help you find the best care as quickly as possible.
- Be patient if we can’t always see you as quickly as you would like, we still have to observe the 2-metre social distancing rules, have to clean contact areas after every visit which impacts on the number of patients we can bring into the surgery each day.
- However, if you have a problem which you think is urgent and serious, be clear with is, we will always see you the same day if it is a problem that really needs to be seen on the same day.
Home Visits requests, where possible must be phoned in before 10am. (except in the case of an emergency)
- The Doctor will visit patients at home who are too ill or frail to come to the surgery
- We are reluctant to visit patients who could be reasonably brought to the practice by a family member, taxi or public transport
- Please provide as much information concerning your medical condition to the receptionist
- Your call will be returned by the Advance Nurse Practitioner/Doctor who will arrange the help you need.
- Please ensure you provide your contact telephone number