NHS inform is Scotland’s national health information service.
Its aim is to provide the people in Scotland with accurate and relevant information to help them make informed decisions about their own health and the health of the people they care for.
To access the full guide please click here.
How NHS inform can help
Using NHS inform means that you no longer need to look in lots of different places for health information. Through its website, freephone and webchat service, NHS inform provides information on:
- medical conditions
- tests and treatments
- healthy living topics – such as stopping smoking, alcohol, food and nutrition and mental wellbeing
- health news and events
- national health campaigns
- services provided by GPs, pharmacies and dental surgeries in Scotland
- your rights when using these services
It also have a number of interactive tools:
- self-help guides for common illnesses and injuries
- a National Services Directory containing health and wellbeing support organisations and thousands of NHS services in Scotland
- an Info for Me tool that helps you to gather, save, publish and share your own health information